Today was assessment testing day in Mrs. Munn's classroom. I was very confident with the material because I had read through the booklet and was prepared to assess. However, as many people know it is rolling with the changes that might crop up. The change was the assessment booklet that I was given to look over was for three to six years, the one I needed to use was from birth to three. So, I needed to very quickly survey the new booklet and begin my assessment on Joshua. I really enjoy interacting with Joshua, he has a very strong personality and is truly an eager learner, just on his own terms. We got through all 56 pages of the assessment, with some questions for Mrs.. Munn. Most of the information was the same which made the assessment easily accomplished in about two hours. On the other hand, two hours for one child! Wow, when as a teacher does one have the time to complete such a comprehensive assessment! Especially when one has four (yes one was added this week) who all have to have this assessment done!
I also had the opportunity to sit and talk with Joshua's mother today. She is a great mom and goes above and beyond for her child! She is truly an advocate for her child. I enjoyed speaking with her and look forward to getting to know her some more through out the semester. I can not wait to pass along the information I just received at the lecture about REACH at COFC. I think she needs to start saving now for Joshua's college education!
Teacher in Training
Heather Roller
Was the assessment evaluating one subject? What kind of assessment was it? I cannot believe it took 2 hours to assess one student? How would a teacher ever complete this for every student, right?!?!
ReplyDelete